International Dialogue for Understanding and Cultural Exchange
about the project
The project provides a platform to discuss complex and relevant issues of history of the relationships, intercultural contacts, imperial and colonial legacies, memory and history politics, nationalism, and contemporary conflicts, as well as methods and perspectives for their peaceful transformation.
No Border Space
● A variety of working meetings and dialogues of different formats are planned, inviting citizens of the South Caucasus, Belarus, and Russia to participate.
● The most motivated participants of the first in-country dialogues will be invited to participate in other planned project activities.
● In 2024 the project will implement the online education programme: a series of lectures and discussions on imperialism and nationalism, memory politics and historical politics, postcolonial and decolonial approaches, armed conflicts and the prospects for their peaceful transformation.
● The most prepared and motivated participants of the project will be given the opportunity to work together with experts to produce multimedia materials (podcasts, videos, photo and art projects, articles, etc.).
The Main Goal of the Dialogue
Creating a space for an open exchange of opinions and ideas as well as forming a sustainable transnational network of professionals ready to cooperate and work together on different contemporary topics.
The intensive three-day dialogue and discussions are a chance to bring a different perspective to the key events of the past that affect interstate and intercultural relations in the present. Dialogue participants, supported by experienced facilitators and experts, form the agenda for the discussions themselves. The most important topics will be further analysed in the discussions. In conducting the dialogues, we rely on the methodology actively and successfully applied by the partner organisation - Imagine Center for Conflict Transformations.
INVITATION to APPLY
● Citizens or residents of Azerbaijan ● Citizens of Belarus and Russia who have moved/relocated to Azerbaijan in the recent years ● Civic activists, social researchers and historians, journalists and bloggers, publicists and artists, teachers, urbanists, etc. ● No age limit.
Terms of participation
Deadline for the Baku Dialogue – 12th May 2023
The working language is English (understanding of Russian is necessary).
All costs during the event will be covered by the organisers.
Application forms are accepted until 12th May 2023 (the form can also be filled in Russian)
The results will be announced no later than 15th May 2023
The dialogue takes place in the framework of the project "NoBorderSpace Dialogs for Peace and understanding", by Center for Independent Social Research in Berlin (CISR Berlin) in collaboration with Imagine Center for Conflict Transformation, Culture Connection Foundation, Contemporary Researcher Center "Phronesis", Interakcia Agency for Support of Sustainable Cities and Communities and DIASCON project (Tampere Peace Research Institute).
The project is funded by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs.